A fresh, energetic and dynamic department, the art staff at Outwood Academy Adwick are constantly thinking of exciting projects for the students who enrol onto art & design courses.
As well as introducing students to a diverse and contemporary range of artists, we also encourage students to be as creative as possible when working with different media. This could be anything from creating tonal drawings with charcoal to painting with non-traditional tools like card and twigs.
We do a annual visit to London
Miss G Howcroft
Miss S Reynolds
Mr P Waterworth (Head of Dept)
Courses on Offer:
- Level 2 – BTEC level 2 Certificate Art & Design (worth one GCSE)
- BTEC Level 2 Extended certificate Art & Design (worth two GCSEs)
- Level3 – Edexcel Applied Art and Design Single Award (one a level)
- Edexcel Applied Art and Design Double Award (two a levels)
- Four fully equipped art rooms, one of these being a 6th Form Art Studio.
- Printmaking facilities
- Wide range of art reference books and magazines in each classroom
- Diverse range of mixed media and equipment in each classroom(paint, charcoal, oil pastel, soft pastel, collage, Modrock, 3D making materials, screenprinting, digital cameras)
GCSE Single Award A-C : 68%
GCSE Applied Double Award A-C : 31%
Y12/Y13 Single Award : 70% Pass
Y12/Y13 Applied Double Award : 63% Pass