SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS POLICY
Statement of Intent
At the Academy, we are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our students whatever their needs or abilities. We fully adopt the SEN Code of Practice and this policy, therefore, only clarifies our practice with respect to this document.
Aims and Objectives:
- To ensure that all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
- To ensure the identification of all students requiring SEN provision as early as possible in their school career
- To ensure that SEN students take as full a part as possible in all school activities
- To ensure that parents of SEN students are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- To ensure that SEN students are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future SEN provision
We recognise that many students will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe students will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
Whilst many factors contribute to the range of difficulties experienced by some children, we believe that much can be done to overcome them by parents, teachers and students working together.